Bourne is back!
In a surprise twist, Matt Damon is set to reunite with director Paul Greengrass for another Jason Bourne movie, according to Deadline. The fifth in the “Bourne” series would hit theaters July 16, 2016 – taking the place of a planned sequel to “The Bourne Legacy,” which starred Jeremy Renner.
The news is a bit of a shock, as both Damon and Greengrass have previously declared another Jason Bourne movie as very unlikely. “Because he is a guy who walked away from everything, so we just have to solve that,” Damon told the Huffington Post. “And Paul and I haven’t been able to do it ”
Still, the actor has wanted to try to find a way to make it happen.
“I’ve always been open to it if Paul Greengrass is the director,” Damon told CNBC earlier this year. “We’ve just never been able to come up with a story. So, if any of your viewers have a story, please call Universal and submit it.”
Guess someone put in that call!